Another photo op I would like to share with my follower friend Dezra Despain and other Indiana women photogs. 😦 guys! Rules are rules.
The Word on the Street: Time to submit your best work in the Celebration of Hoosier Women Artists competition.
Last year I submitted this dragonfly you may have seen as my gravatar; alas, it did not win, place or show! It did win me my first blue ribbon with honor at the Clay County 4-H Fair. This year, I am really excited about my entry. (I will share in a future post.)
Here’s the info from Indiana Lt. Gov. Becky Skillman’s website:
To celebrate Women’s History Month in March, Lt. Governor Becky Skillman will again acknowledge the contribution Hoosier women artists make to our state. Female artists from Indiana are invited to submit their original artwork for consideration. Art professors from IUPUI’s Herron School of Art and Design will assist in selecting the 2012 winning art pieces, which will then be on display in the Lt. Governor’s office until the end of the year.
- Submit one entry per artist to be considered
- Framed wall art only
- Maximum dimensions (including frame): 42”x60”
- Maximum weight: 60 lbs
- Must be installation ready, including frame and hanging wires
- Completed art release form (can be submitted electronically, but must be signed by typing your name in the signature portion of the form)
- Electronic image of artwork, submitted via e-mail or CD (CD will not be returned unless accompanied by a self-addressed stamped envelope) The artist’s name and contact information must be included in the artwork email.
- Actual artwork should not be submitted for judging. It will be the artist’s responsibility to pick up materials if submitted.
- Late entries will not be considered.
Artists who have submitted their work for review will be notified of their status after March 5, 2012. Winning artwork will be displayed beginning in late March, 2012 (date TBD). Since this is the Lt. Governor’s last year in office, the winning artwork must be picked up in late December, 2012.
You must be logged in to post a comment.